Search This Blog

Friday, May 3, 2013

Forever in My Heart

 "When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure." - Unknown.

I lost a friend in October of last year and watching her old high school band perform, brought back the grief and sadness like it was just yesterday. I still feels like it was just yesterday that I saw her for the last time, always smiling, always laughing. She was so full of life and had so much energy. No one could meet her and not instantly love her. She worked hard, almost everyday...even on holidays! But, she also knew how to love really hard and play really hard too. :)

She was young, her heart full of love, laughter and dreams of flying for the "Blue Angels" in the Navy. She was going to follow her dreams, and did her best and tried her hardest to make those dreams come true!

She was sworn into the Navy the first week of October and she felt like she was already flying! So eager was she to serve her country and follow her dreams, she accepted an earlier date.

But, it was not God's plan and our sweet angel left us to be with Him. She now truly an angel, looking down on us and keeping us safe! We all miss her and love her with all our heart and not a day goes by that we don't miss her or think about her.

I miss you Meranda! My only regret is that God had brought you into my life earlier, so that I could have had more time with you. Just the brief year that I had with you was enough to know what a special person you are!

Every time I hear this song I feel you in my heart watching over us:

"On the plains of Oklahoma With a windshield sunset in your eyes Like a water-color painted sky You'll think heaven's doors have opened You'll understand why God made those fly over state." - Jason Aldean

I LOVE YOU! XOXO



"If tears could build a stairway,
And memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to Heaven
And bring you home again."
~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment