Search This Blog

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mommies =)

Most of us spent the weekend treating our mommies (just like we should). Some of us missed our loving mommies and their hugs, either because we are separated by the oceans or by heaven and earth.

They drive us nuts, just like we drive them nuts...sometimes more than other times. I know my mummy (yes that's what I still call her) loves me and I her, but we do love to argue just about anything and everything. It's how we express our love. When she calls me (almost every other day), she tends to drive me nuts, but I do miss her when she doesn't (don't tell her this!). She makes me laugh (especially when it comes to her tech savvy-ness), she makes me cry (well...when I was a naughty wee-one and she was a still scary), she makes me want to pull my hair out...and she also makes me feel loved and at home (which is the best feeling ever).

I didn't get to see my momsicle (I have many nicknames for each member of my family, as they do for me) this Mother's Day. It was our fourth one apart. I did get to see her face thanks to Skype! Living so many miles away from my family is one of the hardest thing for me, though they do drive me nuts, I miss them every second of every day.

So, though its a day late...Happy Mommies Day! I hope all you mommies, first-timers and seasoned veterans, all had a wonderful day. For all of those wishing our mommies we next to us or still with us, they are always right here next to us, in our hearts and in our minds...and I bet you are always in theirs too!

we don't need a special day to show them we love them, though they do like to hear it every now and then, I know mine does =)



"A mother's love is instinctual, unconditional, and forever." - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment